Vatican Archbishop: Turn Off Your Airconditioner...Or Face Everlasting HellfireWritten by Michael J. Matt | Editor
“When the Pope supports this because the majority tell him that scientific opinion thinks this, this isn’t an opinion; this is magisterium,” he said, stressing it’s not dogma and infallible, but still demands a level of obedience." Read more here
REMNANT COMMENT: You know what, Your Excellency? Call us when the shuttle lands! In your delusional little world do you seriously imagine that Catholics still give two hoots about anything you prattle on about? Your credibility as worldwide moral authority is in the toilet--you know that, right?
Why? Well, let’s think about that for minute:
- The liturgy you and your modernist predators...I mean predecessors concocted has been so "trivialized" (according to Pope Benedict himself) that many faithful Catholics refuse to expose their children to it for fear of loss of faith. According to "Forming Intentional Disciples" by Sherry Weddell, only 30 percent of Americans who were raised Catholic are still practicing (p. 24), 10 percent of all adults in America are ex-Catholics (p. 25), nearly 80 percent of cradle Catholics are no longer Catholic by the age of 23 (p. 33). Well played, wouldn't you say Excellency?
- By all accounts, under your generation's watch the mighty Catholic school system has become a joke, leaving many faithful Catholics determined to educate their children at home if they want them to have a Catholic education;
- Your doctrine is increasingly heterodox, to such an extent that many faithful Catholics (myself included) wouldn't let most of you guys teach catechism to their kids;
- Maniacal Islamic extremists are cutting the heads off Christians all over the place and driving the survivors by the tens of thousands from their homelands, and for the most part the Vatican continues to observe a bizarre ecumenical silence.
- Abortion continues to claim the lives of millions of babies every year, and yet you folks have decided that it's good form to abandon any talk of Humanae Vitae lest it offend your new pals over at the United Nations.
- Every other day there's another scandal involving one of your brother princes (the latest involves Cardinal Dolan, of course, being sued for allegedly helping to cover for priests using collection plate funds to finance their sadomasochism addiction);
- The priest/sex scandal has led to the creation of laws--eccelsial and secular--whereby parents can not (and will not) allow their children to be alone even for a few moments with the alter Christi. Think of the longterm ramifications of THAT!
Need I go on? With all of this rot providing context, you're seriously going to sit up there like some tinhorn dictator and tell us that under pain of mortal sin we need to accept Pope Francis's insufferably politically correct, anti-air conditioner, pro-tree-hugging, gas-bag drivel? Really?! (You guys don't even believe in mortal sin anymore, do you?)
Right! Well, I hereby declare and do solemnly proclaim that you are obliged under pain of mortal sin to read the following document, which will be of great assistance to you should you ever decide to get your head out of the ground. Failure to comply with this order will incur the wrath of Almighty God and of the Blessed Apostles Peter and Paul (remember them? Maybe you've seen pictures...)
Read on, Excellency, and have a nice day: http://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.php/fetzen-fliegen/item/1819-why-i-m-disregarding-laudato-si-and-you-should-too
Michael J. Matt has been an editor of The Remnant since 1990. Since 1994, he has been the newspaper's editor. A graduate of Christendom College, Michael Matt has written hundreds of articles on the state of the Church and the modern world. He is the host of The Remnant Underground and Remnant TV's The Remnant Forum. He's been U.S. Coordinator for Notre Dame de Chrétienté in Paris--the organization responsible for the Pentecost Pilgrimage to Chartres, France--since 2000. Mr. Matt has led the U.S. contingent on the Pilgrimage to Chartres for the last 24 years. He is a lecturer for the Roman Forum's Summer Symposium in Gardone Riviera, Italy. He is the author of Christian Fables, Legends of Christmas and Gods of Wasteland (Fifty Years of Rock ‘n’ Roll) and regularly delivers addresses and conferences to Catholic groups about the Mass, home-schooling, and the culture question. Together with his wife, Carol Lynn and their seven children, Mr. Matt currently resides in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Latest from Michael J. Matt | Editor
- Bishop Athanasius Schneider | UNDERGROUND CATHOLICS: Keeping the Faith
- Christopher Salcedo | PELOSI’S PONTIFF: Francis in Political Perspective
- John-Henry Westen | POPE OF SURPRIZSES: Chaplain to the New World Order
- Steven Mosher | BETRAYED: Cardinal Joseph Zen
- John Rao – ALL HANDS ON DECK: Francis’s War on God and History