The Remnant Will Never Forget
The Remnant devotes this section of our exclusively to testimonies by those who lived through the revolution of the Second Vatican Council.
This page is reserved for those who saw what happened, or heard what happened from those who did, and who truly understand how Catholic families were blown apart. Visitors who have personal reflections, or memories of traditionalists pioneers, or reminicences of the revolution are encouraged to tell their stories and share their pictures here. . . so that we will never forget.
RTV Covers Vatican Sex Abuse Summit in Rome
Remnant TV was in Rome this past week covering the Vatican’s clerical sexual abuse summit on the “protection of minors”. It seemed a dismal assignment, to be sure, but the reason it was necessary for The Remnant to be in the Eternal City was so we could throw in with our traditional Catholic allies in Rome who’d organized an act of formal resistance to the Vatican sham summit.
Going in, we all knew that the ultimate goal of the summit was to establish child abuse—not rampant homosexuality in the priesthood—as the main cause of a crisis in the Catholic Church which now rivals that of the Protestant Revolt. (Remnant TV coverage of this event as well as the Vatican summit itself, can be found on The Remnant’s YouTube channel, and for your convenience is laid out below:View items...
October 4, 2022 will mark the third anniversary of Francis’s introduction of the Pachamama idol at the Vatican. During the past three years, Francis has caused numerous other grave scandals, each of which would have been considered unthinkable prior to Vatican II:
- He has convoked the Synod on Synodality, which by its structure and objectives seeks to undermine the immutable nature of the Catholic Faith and set aside Christian morality;
- He travelled to Canada to apologize for evils the Church did not commit and be present for a ceremony described by Archbishop Vigano as “the satanic rites of evocation of the dead performed by a shaman”;
- He has increased his attacks on Traditional Catholics with his Traditiones Custodes and accompanying measures;
- He participated in the “Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions” in Kazakhstan, where he endorsed false religions and false gods;
- He issued his apostolic letter Desiderio Desideravi, which suggests that the Church should permit everyone to receive communion; and
- He has repeatedly put himself, and the apparent authority of the Catholic Church, at the service of the anti-Catholic globalists and the Great Reset.
New from Remnant-TV...
In this episode of The Remnant Underground, Michael Matt takes a hard look at the downward spiral of President Biden’s foreign policy, specifically his funding of the war in Ukraine. With Putin threatening nukes and engaging in massive wargames, we'd better find out what's going on here.
And why are we funding that war? On the floor of the United Nations last week, U.S. Secretary of State Tony Blinken told us exactly why when he said that President Putin must be stopped because he is “shredding the international order” that “we have sworn to defend.”
Pope Francis has declared war on Traditional Catholics, and he has “stacked the deck” for the next papal conclave. It is possible that Francis’s successor will be even worse than he is. Where do we find hope when we have a bad pope? Well, we can get perspective by looking at Church history; especially those times when the Holy Spirit provided for lay rulers to solve the problems that popes could not.
Below are a few examples where uncontrollable crises were only solved through lay intervention in Church affairs. In these cases, kings exerted their secular authority over the Church, and it bore good fruit. This article is not an argument as to whether secular rulers have de jure (legal) authority over the pope, but it does highlight instances when kings have exercised de facto authority over the Church… with positive results.
With great scandal for the salvation of souls and the honor of the Church of Christ, the Bishops’ Conference of Belgium has approved and published a rite for the “blessing” of homosexual unions, brazenly contravening the immutable teaching of the Catholic Magisterium, which considers such unions “intrinsically perverse” and which, as such, not only may not bless them but rather must condemn them as contrary to the natural Moral law. The ideological basis of this sacrilegious rite is indicated in the subtly deceptive words of Amoris Laetitia, which states that “every person, regardless of sexual orientation, ought to be respected in his or her dignity and treated with consideration.”
DECLARATION of His Excellency Carlo Maria Viganò regarding the “blessings” of homosexual couples celebrated in BelgiumWritten by Carlo Maria Viganò
In recent months, a group called “Citizens for Sanity” began running newspaper and billboard advertisements intended to “return common sense to America” by highlighting the lunacy of Progressive policies:
- “With great age comes great wisdom. And Joe Biden is old enough to know that men get pregnant too. Stand tall for progressive values this fall.” (The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Ad)
- “Don’t let the radical right put our neighborhood street gangs behind bars. Support Joe Biden & Progressive Candidates.” (Phoenix, AZ Billboard)
- “Biology is bigotry. No one is born a woman.” (Milwaukee, WI Billboard)
- “Violent criminals deserve our compassion and respect. This fall, stand strong for progressive values.” (Philadelphia, PA Billboard)
- “Restore Voting Rights for gender fluid shapeshifting pansexuals.” (Greensoboro, NC Billboard)
- “Vote to keep our borders, jails, and bathrooms open. Vote Progressive.” (Albuquerque, NM Billboard)
- “Real progressives support violent criminals in their hour of need.” (Phoenix, AZ Billboard)
- “If you don’t like being mugged then YOU are the problem.” (New York, NY Billboard)
New from Remnant TV...
The Queen is dead, God save us from the King. Perhaps the most significant political figure (after Pope Francis) to endorse Klaus Schwab and Bill Gates's global lockdown was Prince Charles. Today, the King of the Great Reset has got plans for the world that are truly bloodcurdling.
“How many people, even today, lack ready access to vaccines! Let us be on their side, not on the side of those who have more and give less. Let us become prophetic and courageous voices of conscience.” (Address of Francis to the “VII Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions,” September 14, 2022
New from RTV...
Michael Matt introduces the great Bishop Athanasius Schneider at the CIC 2021. Mr. Matt explains why it is so important for traditional Catholics to fall in behind the rightful ecclesial authority who are unafraid to speak in defense of Jesus Christ even and especially when the highest authority fails to do so. "If you speak out. If you lead. We will be your most loyal defenders," says Mr. Matt.
His Excellency then brings down the house of some 750 participants with his hopeful message of reliance on spiritual warfare to resolve the crisis of authority in the Church.
Bishop Schneider will deliver the keynote again at the CIC 2022 on October 1, 2022 in Pittsburgh. The CIC is sold out, but the livestream is now available for signup here: https://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.php/cic-livestream-video-on-demand-registration
Most readers will have heard of the One-Child Policy in China. The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) instituted this by fiat in 1980. (Government measures to control the population by draconian means had been in place since at least 1971, however.) But it soon learned that human nature trumps governmental ukase. Women and men keep having children, and—to the Party’s dismay—actually love them, no matter what the state says.
Iuxta crucem tecum stare
Et me tibi sociare
in planctu desidero.
On this solemn day, on which the Church celebrates the Seven Dolors of the Most Blessed Virgin Mary of Sorrows, my meditation will consider the Seven Dolors, which in sacred iconography we see symbolized by seven swords that pierce the Immaculate Heart of the Blessed Mother. I would like to contemplate them in relation to events taking place in the Church, of which Our Lady is Mother and Queen. And not only this: She is a type of the Church, and all that we say about the Mother of God may also be applied in some way to the Bride of the Lamb. This applies not only to the triumphs and glories of both but also to their sorrows and their participation in the Redeeming Passion of Christ.