Welcome to The Remnant Newspaper
For nearly fifty years we have been fighting in defence of the traditions of the Catholic Church and the proclamation of the Kingship of Christ. In print or online, The Remnant calls a spade a spade no matter who is using it to bury God. Subscribe to the Remnant Newspaper print edition today!
NEW | The Remnant en español
Latest from Remnant TV
Headline News Around the World
- Betrayed Catholics: Pope Francis and the Chinese Communist Regime Posted on: Friday, December 2, 2016
- The St. Andrew Novena and other Famlily Advent Traditions Posted on: Wednesday, November 30, 2016
- Cardinal Burke to Celebrate Pontifical High Mass in La Crosse, Wisconsin Posted on: Friday, November 25, 2016
- Bishop Schneider in Seville (Dec 11) Posted on: Friday, November 25, 2016
Testem Benevolentiae Nostrae: Americanism and Pope Leo XIII
Of Clowns, Cartoon Villains and the Social Reign of Christ the King
Preview the latest Remnant Newspaper Print Edition
November 20, 2017
Friday, December 2, 2016
As the Four Cardinals make their historic stand against revolution in the Vatican, several bishops and one more cardinal move in to support them. Michael Matt tackles the question of what to do when a pope goes wrong. Do faithful lay Catholics have a role in stopping Pope Francis and the Modernists who put him in charge, or should the threat of causing scandal cause all of us to keep silent?
What does the Church teach? What would God have us do? Where do we go from here?
Tuesday, November 29, 2016
"Hi, I'm Jeff Sachs. I'm with the United Nations, and I'm here to help"
The globalists are so predictable and easily identifiable. Watch their language and follow their tactics. They never change. They sing from the same global warming alarmist hymnal as they import and traffick in their own arrogant brand of leftist ideology and self-imposed globalist solutions. They exploit and terrorize the poor with fear-baiting predictions to induce compliance with the dictates of the New World Order elites.
Africa is in their crosshairs.
Monday, November 28, 2016
Editor's Note: This beautiful Advent reflection first appeared in The Remnant back in 1978. It was written by Father Urban Snyder—the great Trappist priest who has been dead and buried for many years. He is one of the early pioneers of traditional Catholicism. A deeply spiritual man and confessor to the late Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre, Fr. Snyder was a Remnant columnist all throughout the 1970s and '80s. He was a close personal friend of the founding editor of The Remnant, Walter L. Matt (RIP) and a giant priestly example who never once offered the Novus Ordo Missae. May he rest in peace. MJM
It would seem that few Catholics today realize the true meaning of Advent and Christmas. Surely a major reason is because over the years they have been receiving less and less nourishment from the Liturgy. Long before Vatican II, at least in Anglo-Saxon countries, too many of the clergy did not nourish their own souls from the tests of their daily Mass and Office, and so were unable to explain them to the people. Since Vatican II, the texts themselves have been shamelessly manipulated, mutilated, mistranslated, or made into a jumble. The prophecy of Jeremiah finds fulfillment in our time:
--Bishop Schneider Defends Dubia: "A Prophetic Voice of Four Cardinals of the Holy Roman Catholic Church"
- Storm Clouds Over the Vatican: Has the Battle Begun?
- Don Vito to the Four Cardinals: Your red hats will sleep with the fishes
- "Mind-boggling Stuff of Nightmare": Fr. Brian Harrison on Pope's Proselytism Comments
- Mirus: Pay no attention to that Pope behind the curtain
- Fatima 2017: On Popes and Kings Deposed
- Francis Unhinged
- Franciscans vs. St. Francis: The Sad State of Secular Franciscan Spiritual Formation
- Why Feminists Hate the Woman Behind Trump's Win
- The Daily Beast on The Remnant: "Ultra-Conservative Catholic Rag!"
- Trump Wins as America Inches Back from the Abyss
- SUNDAY SERMON: Catholics Forbidden to Vote Hillary
- What is False Mercy? Posted on: Thursday, December 1, 2016
- Profiles in Resistance: An Irish Saint Rebukes the Pope Posted on: Friday, May 6, 2016